My journey to the library.

My Journey to the Library.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Dictator or Innovator?


Once again, I seem to be catching up on my topic readings at some odd hour on a Friday night. Hm mm may have to make sure this is not a recurring pattern!


Anyhow, Topic 2 down. The role of the TL and the importance of Principal support seem to be making sense to me and my head is spinning with RBL, IL, ILSC acronyms!


On a serious note, I strongly believe that a TLs "occupational invisibility" can also be attributed to a staff's lack of understanding of the TL's role. I have worked with both effective and ineffective TLs. It is the role of the effective ones that needs no clarification for me. The ineffective, "prickly" types who terrified me from behind the returns desk and never seemed to leave the library still have me wondering why they were there. Teacher perceptions of the TLs role also count and I intend discuss this with my wonderful (and not "prickly" in the slightest) TL on Tuesday.


Assignment 1 here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment